About the Event
Are you crazy about Robots???
Teckzite 2k19 is giving you a chance to exhibit your skill in the field of Robotics with an event called “Line follower”.
Line follower is an autonomous robot which follows black line in white background. The objective of this contest is to complete the course in the shortest period of time with less number of deviations from the path. All you need to do is to prepare your gadgets and come up to compete.
Robot specifications :
- The robot must fit on an A4 piece of paper.
- There is no weight limitation. Robots must have passed inspection prior to competing.
- Robots must have an easily reachable emergency stop button which interrupts the power supply of the actuators.
- Robots must be operated autonomously and should not be remote-controlled.
- All systems (like sensors, power supply, data-processing and control-systems) have to completely reside on the robot.
- No limitation as such in the motors.
- printed arena will be there for both prelims and finals
- The wheels to be used, must be non-destructive to the surface.
Event specifications :
line following course shall traverse a white rectangular arena. The line shall be black while the base is white
traversing the arena from end to end.
- The width of the black line is about 3cm
shall be a starting area at the beginning of the course and an exit
area at the end. The line course starts inside the starting area and
ends inside the exit area.
- There shall be crossovers (e.g. places where the line crosses itself).
- Switchbacks,hairpins and U turns are possible, but the adjacent sections of the line shall
be no closer together than 15cm when measured from the center of each
- The line course may have one or more sharp right-angle and some acute and obtuse angles.
closest approach of the line course to the edges of the arena shall be
no less than 15cm, measured from the center of the line.
The decisions of all officials regarding these rules and the conduct of the event shall be final.
Time: 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Venue: Civil Drawing Lab, A2 Block
Time: 09:00 PM to 12:00 PM
Venue: Civil Drawing Lab, A2 Block
Note: One hour before the event there will be bot submission for all the participants and participants who submitted the bot are only eligible to participate in the event.
Rules & Regulations
Rules and regulations:
- Team size-5 members.
- The robot has to be developed and designed by the team itself. The usage of commercially complete robotic-systems which are sold ready for the purpose of the competition is not allowed. At least the software-development should show significant personal effort.
- The time of any run is measured from the time the robot crosses the starting line until the time it crosses the finish line. A robot is deemed to have crossed the line when the forward most wheel, track, or leg of the robot contacts or crosses over the line.
- Time measurement: Time shall be measured by an electronic gate system or by a judge with a stopwatch, based on the availability of equipment. In either case the recorded time shall be final.
- A robot that wanders off of the arena surface will be disqualified.
- A robot shall be deemed to have left the arena when any wheel, leg or track has moved completely off the arena surface.
- Losing the Line: any robot that loses the line course must reacquire the line at the point where it was lost, or at any earlier (e.g. already traversed) point.
- Robots have to stay on the ground.
- Claims because of changing lighting conditions in the room or flash lights of photographers won't be accepted. Participants have to face these "disturbances".
- Equipment which harms or disturbs another robot (e.g. jammer, light flash, interfering ultrasonic or infrared transmitter) are forbidden. Disturbances or assistance caused by intervention of humans during a competition are forbidden as well.
- No external power supply will be provided to the bot
Judging Criteria :
- A maximum time limit is 5 minutes.
- The track is divided into checkpoints at various locations. A team will be awarded 20 points on crossing a checkpoint.
- A maximum of 2 corrections are allowed. For every next correction the team will be deducted with 5 points.
- Participant will be awarded with 30 points if the LED on the Arduino blinks at the end point of the arena
- On completion of the whole track in given time, the team is given 40 points.
- Teams which complete within 5 minutes will get extra points.
- The organizers reserve the right to change any or all of the rules as they deem fit.
Log in to register in the events.
Name : Irfan Shaik
Contact : 9581887488
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org