About the Event
“Contraption” is a chain of different ‘energy conversion’ steps, in which one step triggers the next one leading to completion of final task. Contraption as a creative engineering event, invites models of tech spectacles from students. Use your engineering skills and build a creative contraptions with your imagination and be the creative genius.
Materials to be provided:
1 cutting blade, 4 paper cups, 5-10 rubber bands, 10 straws, 2 plastic balls,10 ice sticks, 3 balloons, 10 paper pins, 1 bottle fevicol, 1 tape, 5 marbles, half thermocoal sheet, 20 tooth picks, 15 wooden blocks, 1 matchstick box, 5 meters thread.
NOTE: YOU CAN USE YOUR OWN MATERIAL IN CONTRAPTION.
Sample Contraption Video link:
Day1:10:00AM to 12:30AM(Saturday 16-Feb-2019) A2 First Floor Space between F1 and F10
Day2:3:00PM to 4:00PM(Sunday 17-Feb-2019) A2 First Floor Space between F1 and F10
The event will be on Day-1.
There will be an exhibition of the model contraption made by our team on Day-2.
Rules & Regulations
• Contraption has to operate for at least 30 seconds and 120 seconds at the most.
• The contraption should be as firm as possible.
• A space of 5 ft* 5 ft will be provided to each team.
• The minimum number of energy conversions needed to achieve your goal must be 4.
• Hand touch will be allowed only at the start. After that every hand touch will reduce the points.
• Use of any dangerous or poisonous chemicals, combustible or explosive substances high voltage or animals in the contraption is forbidden.
•Total number of items involved in the contraption – 2 points each( the items do not include the supports or mounting used)
•If contraption has a Loop in the process( The process coming back to the previous step but following a different path this time)- 30 pts
For parallel contraption - 30 pts (extra 20 pts if the parallel contraptions synchronize)
• Each Vertical loop—30 points
• Each Horizontal loop—15 points
• Extra points
For specific themes( Ex: Showing improvement in technology by gradually changing materials used) – 35 points
Conveying specific message—20 points
• For each energy conversion--- 5 to 10 points.
More than one hand touch will result in reduction of 20 pts.
Name : A.Triveni & V.Nikhil
Contact : 8790516635 & 8465018790
E-mail : N140552@rguktn.ac.in & N140585@rguktn.ac.in